To become a certified instructor, the individual needs to be affiliated with a Rent Well Community Agency Partner, also known as a CAP. A CAP is a nonprofit, governmental housing provider, or publicly funded agency with a mission to provide housing. At the moment, CAP organizations also need to be located in either Oregon or Washington.

A list of all the current CAPs that Rent Well partners with can be found on our website (

If your agency isn't on this list, your agency can start the CAP process. The process includes submitting an application, signing the terms of the agreement, and paying a one-time licensing fee. Once all of that is resolved, an individual can register to become a Rent Well certified instructor.